Syktyvkar is the capital of the Komi Republic . It is the political, cultural and administrative centre of the republic. Syktyvkar is more than 200 years old, but it looks very young.
There are many new houses and streets in the town. Kommunisticheskaya Street is the main street in Syktyvkar . There are many buildings, different shops, hotels, cafes in this street.
There is also the Teacher's Training Institute, the State University , the Theatre of Opera and Ballet, the Railway Station, the Department Store.
The Stephanovskaya Square is the main square in Syktyvkar . Here we can see the Post office, the House of Ministers, where our Government sits.
Syktyvkar is a large town. More than 200 thousand people live in it. There are many museums and monuments, the National gallery, the History Museum , the Art museum and some others: there are monuments to Kuratov, Savin, there are also monuments to those who died, struggling fan our country in the Great Patriotic war and to people who took part in the Afgan war.
There are not many factories in Syktyvkar . They produce paper, sweets, books, make clothes, bake bread and so on.
Syktyvkar is a beautiful town, very green in summer and white in winter.
I like Syktyvkar very much.
1. Is Syktyvkar a very big city?
2. How old is Syktyvkar ?
3. What river does Syktyvkar stand on?
4. What can we see in the main street of Syktyvkar ?
5. Are there theatres, museums, monuments in Syktyvkar ?
6. What is the main square in Syktyvkar ?
7. Is Syktyvkar a green town?
8. Is Syktyvkar an industrial centre?
9. Is Syktyvkar your native town?
10. Where can you study after school?