Moscow is the capital of Russia . It is also the political, economic and industrial centre of our country.
Moscow has a long history, it was founded in 1147 by Yuri Dolgoruki. Now it is more than 850 years old.
Moscow is situated on the Moscva river, it is one of the largest cities of the world. Its population is more than 9 mln people.
The Kremlin is the heart of Moscow and tourists begin sightseeing with the Kremlin. The Kremlin is the seat of the Goverment and the place where the President lives and works. The Moscow Kremlin and St. Basil's Cathedral are the most beautiful masterpieces of Russian architecture. The main clock in Russia is on the Spasskaya Tower in the Kremlin.
Near the walls of the Kremlin there is the Red Square , it is main square of Russia . There is the Monument to Minin and Pozharsky, the Mausoleum.
Moscow is very beautiful. There are many green parks, large squaresand wide streets.There are lots of museums, art galleries, theatres, monuments in Moscow . The most famous of them are: the Tretyakov art Gallery, the Bolshoi Theatre, the History Museum . The Academy of Sciences of Russia is also in Moscow .
There are lots of universities and institutes, the best example is the Lomonosov State University .
Moscow is also the port of 5 seas. Four airports connect Moscow with other parts of the country. There are 9 railway stations in Moscow . I would like to visit Moscow !
1. What is the capital of Russia ?
2. Is Moscow very old?
3. Moscow is one of the largest cities in the worlds, isn't it?
4. What is the heart of Moscow ? Why?
5. What is called the most beautiful masterpieces architecture?
6. What square is near the walls of the Kremlin?
7. What monuments are in the Red square ?
8. Is Moscow very beautiful?
9. Can we call Moscow a cultural centre of Russia ?
10. Are there many institutes and universities in Moscow ?
11. Moscow is a big transport centre, isn't it?